Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Artistically Asian Stamp Set Sympathy Card

Today, I gave myself a challenge to work outside of my comfort zone.  Mainly speaking, stamping with wood mount stamps.  Now there is nothing wrong with wood mount stamps, and many people use them.  I tend to lean towards photopolymer stamps just because I can see through the stamp and it's just easier for me.
My other two comfort zone issues were sponging on camera along with using a color that I do not use very often and that being Perfect Plum.
  
I believe working out of my comfort zone with wood mount stamps made me slow down a little to focus on my stamping.  I can't believe I was able to get the sentiment straight on my first try.  I just think stamping with wood mount stamps makes you think a bit harder.  So, I guess I really enjoyed the challenge and being out of my comfort zone today.
I'm getting ready for a craft show this coming weekend (March 10, 2018) and my inventory of Sympathy cards is pretty low.  I came up with this design using sponge daubers and masking technique.  The ink colors I used for sponging (top to bottom) were Marina Mist, Sweet Sugarplum, and Perfect Plum.  All stamping was done using Elegant Eggplant.



You can follow along on my YouTube channel by clicking on the image below.





I hope you enjoyed today's card, and that I have challenged you to work out of your comfort zone.  Let me know who it goes.  I would love to hear from you.

Have a great day stamping!

~Karen~


Image Map
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment