Thursday, June 21, 2018

Stamp Retreat Cards


Here is a quick blog post to show you the cards we will be making this weekend at my Stamp Retreat.  I enjoy getting together with friends and new stampers to share the love of paper crafting.  


Stamp Retreat is a two day event that I host at my home.  Each day we create 8 cards; 4 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon.  We take a break to enjoy a potluck luncheon each day.  The weather is a bit iffy so I'm not sure if we will be able to enjoy smores over a camp fire in the evening time, but I sure hope so.


This is my first event with our new product from the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog.
I try to make my card projects fun to make that any level of paper crafter can complete.  I always show a new technique or a different way of using a punch or just cutting your Designer Series Paper.



Have you noticed lately that I am taking pictures of my cards outside?  Nature makes for a great backdrop.  Notice the phlox just above the birthday card?



Petal Promenade Designer Series paper is beautiful!  Have you discovered it yet?  You sure will want to stock up during the month of July as there will be a special being announced real soon!


This is a card where I show you that stamping on your Designer Series Paper works just as well as stamping on Whisper White or Very Vanilla card stock.


Petal Palette has always been on my wish list and I am really excited that the set carried over from last seasons catalog.  


Enjoy Life stamp is a new set this year.  Beautiful fonts for the sentiment don't you think?


Daisy Delight is also another set that carried over.  With this card, I cut the card base 8 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4.  Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper is cut 2 x 4 so you can get many cards out of one sheet of paper!  The card still fits very nicely in our Whisper White Medium Envelopes.


Painted Glass is so striking!  I used Blends to color in the Vellum; Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, and Daffodil Delight are the colors here.


I hope you enjoyed viewing my blog today and I provided you a bit of inspiration.


If you are local to where I live, I do have a few seats left on Saturday and Sunday, June 23-24.  You are welcome to join us.


My entry way makes for a great photo opportunity.  Geraniums in the back add a bit of color.


Rooted in Nature is one of my favorite sets.  We have so many pine trees where I live.  The card with the sunset reminds me of the pretty sunsets we have here.

Enjoy your day, and don't forget to stamp and create today.
~Karen~


Image Map
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

1 comment:

  1. These cards are AWESOME ! I hope your retreat went well. Crafty wishes from New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete